We already told you about some big app news today with an updated Twitter iOS client and the release of popular MMO Guild Wars 2 for Mac. Below is the rest of the notable apps and updates hitting the App Store today:
Pixelmator version 2.1.1: A big update today goes to version 2.1.1 of the Pixelmator Mac App Store app. The updated app includes a new Healing Tool that’s up to 20x faster than the previous version, UI improvements for Retina MacBooks, and a number of fixes and performance enhancements. A full list of changes is here.
We are bursting with pride to tell you that this is the best and the fastest Healing Tool in the world. Pretty sophisticated algorithms and the latest OS X technologies have allowed us to create a tool that performs at an incredible speed. We hope you’ll be as excited about it as we are… A lot of other good things are here, too: the ability to temporarily hide the Alignment Guides with the Command key, significant performance improvements, the effects you’ve missed, and much more.
Amazon Cloud Player version 1.2.4: Amazon updated its Cloud Player app for iOS today, which allows users to stream and download music from their Amazon Cloud account. The biggest news in the update is that Cloud Player is now available in the UK, Germany, and France. Amazon is also introducing support for French and German languages.
Reeder version 3.0.4: The iOS Fever, Readability, and Google Reader client was updated today with a few new features. Included is enhancements bringing full support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. The update means Facebook sharing becomes an iOS 6 only feature after updating. The developers have also included a fix for issues with Fever syncing and missing folders.
Dropbox version 1.5.5: The Dropbox iOS app is updated to version 1.5.5 today with a few welcomed features. Included is support for Korean, the ability to share files quickly through Twitter and Facebook, and support for Apple’s AirPrint.
DataMan: The popular DataMan app for tracking data usage in real-time (usually $0.99) goes free today:
What’s New in Version 2.2.0
NEW IN THIS VERSION
– Now DIRECTV goes anywhere you go. Get instant access to hit entertainment from HBO®, Cinemax®, Starz®, and Encore®, plus the latest DIRECTV CINEMA movies and more, whenever and wherever you want-at home or on the go. Go to the “Watch on iPhone” tab located on your home screen and select “Movies”, “TV Shows” or “Networks” to start watching now.
– Watch Live TV channels on your iPhone within the home only. Just click on the “Live TV” tab.
– View programs recently watched on your iPhone and resume where you left off.
– Enhanced Search functionality to show results as you type, top picks of the week, and listings of programs that you can watch on your iPhone.
– Discover the top shows and movies that people are currently talking about.