You can now put a video card “in” your MacBook Air!
Back in September mLogic announced a new Thunderbolt peripheral, the mLink Thunderbolt expansion chassis for connecting PCIe cards, Fibre Channel and audio/video capture cards, 10GigE and more to Thunderbolt-equippred Macs. Today, mLogic announced that the $399 Thunderbolt mLink is finally in stock and available for immediate shipment from its website. There are a few competitors on the market, but mLogic is calling the mLink the lightest and smallest Thunderbolt expansion chassis at 2lbs and 8.1 x 2.75 x 5.9”. Here are some of the highlights:
- Supports half-length, Thunderbolt-aware PCIe cards
- Two high-performance 10Gbit/second Thunderbolt ports
- Supports daisy-chaining of up to six Thunderbolt peripherals
- Industry’s smallest (8.1 x 2.75 x 5.9”) and lightest (2lbs) Thunderbolt expansion chassis
- Whisper quiet smart-blower for optimal cooling
- Conserves energy by turning On/Off with the Mac
You can currently pick them up at B&H for $399 with tax in New York.