Twitter just pushed out version 2.3.1 of TweetDeck for Mac with over 90 fixes, tweaks, features, and updates from the previous version.
TweetDeck allows desktop users to follow their Twitter streams in real-time, but it boasts more flexibility than the mobile counterpart due to a customizable layout that sports the usual tweeting, sharing, and linking features.
The full change log for the latest version includes a performance upgrade for displaying “multiple high-velocity columns,” as well as a new function for embedding a Tweet right from the Tweet itself. As Twitter noted in the app’s description, the embed feature would come in handy for bloggers and websites.
The update also introduced a new search box with “Typeahead” and People Search and added the ability to reduce the app window to two columns.
Check it out:
- Mac App Store – TweetDeck | Free
Today’s upgrade brings TweetDeck for Mac up to speed with the Chrome version that launched last month, and it is the largest update since the Mac app went to version 2.0 in October.
- Walmart now offers iPhone 5 on Straight Talk’s no-contract unlimited plans
- Apple seeds OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D50 to developers
- WSJ once again claims Apple working on less-expensive iPhone, this time for late 2013
- T-Mobile execs claim 100K iPhone activations each month, first LTE market to launch in Vegas soon (Video)