Vimeo On Demand: After launching a brand new iPhone app in November and rolling out its Tip Jar feature in September, Vimeo is today officially launching its new Vimeo On Demand ‘self-distribution service’ that allows Vimeo PRO creators to sell content directly to their audience. Vimeo said content creators will keep a 90 percent share after transactions fees and will also be able to “choose their price; select country-by-country availability; customize their page design; and offer content on Vimeo, their own website, or both.” Purchased videos will be available to users across all devices that support Vimeo. Previously, Vimeo had a preview of the service available on its website that offered a selection of movies for $5.00.
“What used to be a confusing and labor-intensive process is now open and simple with Vimeo On Demand,” said Blake Whitman, Vice President of Creative Development. “We always strive to provide our community and visitors with the best experience possible, and this opens up a new world of viewable content and support for creators. We are proud of this first phase of Vimeo On Demand, and we’re already working on another suite of creator-focused features to release in the near future.”
Rdio version 2.1.3: Internet radio streaming service Rdio has been updated with a refreshed UI that brings brand new album/playlist views on the iPhone, as well as larger album art, the ability to see friends who have listened recently, and much more.
- New album/playlist views on iPhone. Shows large album art, friends who have listened recently, and more.
– Various bug fixes and UI improvements.
Tumblr version 3.3: A nice update to the Tumblr iOS app today brings a bunch of new features including a brand new camera, the ability to create photo sets right from within the app, and a few other UI enhancements and usability features:
- Brand new camera!
– Create photosets straight from the app
– Double-tap posts to like!
– Tap the avatar in your profile to change it
– Link posts: Copy or enter a URL and we’ll fetch the title!
Apple Store version 2.5: Apple’s Apple Store app for browsing the Apple online store, scheduling appointments and much more was updated today with new delivery options and an easier experience for checking if products are available for local pickup:
– New delivery options make it even more convenient to get your Apple products. Choose different shipping options for different items in an order.
– An even easier way to see if the product you want is available for pickup at your favorite Apple Retail Store (U.S. only).
1. Special Necroa Virus plague type added, an aggressive, unknown virus with ‘extreme regenerative abilities’.
2. Key user interface enhancements:
3. Plague Inc. is now available in Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. It will detect your language automatically (or you can change language manually in settings (More languages coming soon!)
4. New events, news and achievements – can you discover the origin of the Necroa Virus
5. Performance improvements for all devices
6. Minor game balance / AI improvements / bug fix
Jingu Friends 1.5: The social network friend finding app has been updated with a new “Mojo Meter” algoirthm for an improved friend finding experience:
Version 1.5 features a smart new “Mojo Meter” that allows you to instantly determine whether a new acquaintance is someone you’d really like — or someone who’s not quite your type. Smart new filters and defaults built into the app allow users to cast their social net as broadly or narrowly as they wish, ensuring that the social connections they make are relevant, valuable and fun.
The application is also now available in more languages and can connect to more social networks around the globe.
• NEW games courtesy of RGCD.co.uk
• Removed OpenFeint
・ Weekly and monthly history
・ App Watch does not require location services
・ Daylight saving time bug fix