To accompany its latest feature film set to hit theatres today, Disney has just released “The Lone Ranger” game for both iPhone and iPad on the App Store. The iTunes page describes the game as a full 3D role-playing game with quests, duels, and the ability to “Level-up to unlock new weapons, tools, and horses.” The screenshots look promising, so we’re hoping its better than the typical Hollywood movie tie-in. The good news is you won’t have to pay to find out as the full game is available for free on both iPhone and iPad.
Saddle up and take the reins as one of the greatest Texas Rangers in the Wild West. Embark on a thrilling adventure as you protect the town of Colby, face-off in epic showdowns, and bring infamous outlaws to justice. Fight against greed and corruption in this 3d, role-playing adventure!
· Interact with known allies and outlaws throughout your journey: With allies like the Lone Ranger and Tonto on your side, prepare to take on the villainous Butch Cavendish and his unwieldy gang.
· Restore peace to the town of Colby: Protect the citizens of Colby, and embark on legendary quests to end greed and corruption.
· Duel outlaws and bandits: Face-off against wanted outlaws with your best weapons and equipment, and bring them to justice.
· Level-up to unlock new weapons, tools, and horses to aide you on your journey.
· More languages coming soon! Play The Lone Ranger in Italian, German, and Spanish starting late July.