Flickr appears to be making a play for the Instagram market with the latest update to its free iOS app adding new filters with live previews and instant editing tools which include the ability to crop photos, adjust colors and add vignettes.
It’s a little late to the party, with Instagram having already expanded into video in a big way after witnessing the popularity of Vine, and of course filters and square crops are built into the revamped Camera app in iOS 7 …
- The Flickr Mobile App has a brand new set of filters! With a new range of dynamic and stunning effects you’ll be able to personalize your photos like never before.
- Live filters! Now you can scroll through and preview the effects of each filter before you snap your shot. Choosing the right one is no longer a guessing game.
- Tired of stock filters? With the Flickr Mobile App you can customize your filters to get the exact effects you’re looking for.
- We’ve also got new camera tools. Perfectly compose your shots with awesome grids, pinch to zoom, and the ability to lock your focus and exposure points.
- Professional editing tools. The editing tools you usually pay for are now free with Flickr. Enhance, crop, sharpen, adjust color, use levels, add vignettes and more.
- Now our camera and editing tools have beautifully animated transitions, giving users the best camera experience yet.
However, integration of Flickr into iOS7 will undoubtedly boost usage.
Version 2.2.1134 of the Flickr app is available on iTunes.
- Gmail for iOS app updated with bigger image thumbnails, better integration with Google Drive & Google+(9to5mac.com)