Screen+Shot+2013-10-03+at+4.08.21+PM

In line with our reporting from yesterday and from September, Apple has provided Mac users with a pair of important updates. The company has released a new version of the previously released OS X 10.8.5. This new release is a “Supplemental Update” and provides bug fixes for MacBook Air FaceTime Cameras, USB, HDMI, and Bluetooth adapters:

upload

Also available is iTunes 11.1.1, an update to version 11.1 that brought iTunes Radio. This update brings bug fixes for Podcast Management and iTunes Extras:

Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 4.08.09 PM

Apple has also been testing new versions of Safari for Mountain Lion and Java internally, but those do not appear to have been released as of yet.

6 Responses to “Apple releases OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update, iTunes 11.1.1 with fixes”

1. nortorovega says:

Reblogged this on Apple News Now and commented:
    This is another good article by 9to5Mac. It’s one of the best pages for Apple News and the one with the fastest and latest news :)

2. The iTunes update completely screwed up my iTunes.
    Graphical glitches everywhere and incredibly unstable.

3. William says:

Reblogged this on William's iBlog and commented:
    Yay! More bug fixes! (Now hurry up with Mavericks.)

4. Ana Chocha says:

i am not seeing these updates

• Kevin Kelly says:

I just got mine pushed to me Ana (Oct 8th). I’m a little hesitant with Rhys’ little comment! Hmm… my biggest issue is usually issues updates create with a Video Conversion and metadata program I use called VideoDrive. They usually are great at create workarounds in time, but I like to WAIT to update until they do. Lately, there has not seemed to be any issues in that regards, but I’ll be damned if I buy movies from iTunes. I don’t own one from them and I don’t plan to.