Along with updates to iWork and iLife today, Apple has overhauled their Podcasts, Find my iPhone, and iTunes Trailers apps to fall in line with the design paradigms of iOS 7. Along with new icons, all three apps have been completely redesigned, with user interfaces that closely resemble Apple’s other iOS 7 apps. While Find my iPhone and iTunes Trailers don’t include new features, Podcasts has received updates to the search tab, Top Charts section, and more. Here’s what the new icons for all three apps look like:
In keeping with today’s theme of “free!” Apple has also set Keynote Remote for iPhone as a free app, though they still haven’t updated it to support the four-inch display on the iPhone 5.
Full release notes for Podcasts can be found below:
Podcasts 2 introduces a stunning, all-new design for iOS 7 and adds useful features you’ll love.
Designed for iOS 7
• Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
• The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
• The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
• Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it’s even easier to see what’s popular
• You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast
Stay up to date
• Podcasts now automatically update with new episodes — even while the app is not open
• Choose how often the Podcasts app checks for updates to get the latest episodes as soon as they become available
• iCloud now keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync with iTunes and Apple TV
This version of Podcasts also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance.