Back at Apple’s October 22nd iPad Air event, the company also unveiled an update to its iWork for iCloud online productivity suite beta that included new real-time collaboration features, easier sharing, and more. The ability to collaborate went live initially, but today Apple is rolling a handful of other new features to the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote iWork for iCloud apps.
New features going live today include a new list to view all collaborators currently working on a project, as well as “cursors and selections” for each person editing a document, presentation, or spreadsheet. Apple also notes that you can now “Instantly jump to a collaborator’s cursor by clicking their name in the collaborator list.”
In addition, all apps today receive new folders to organize files, the ability to print from the Tools menu, and the Keynote app gets right-click to skip slides.
You can check out the new features in the Numbers, Pages, and Keynote app on iCloud.com now. Full list of what’s new below:
What’s included in the update?
Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for iCloud beta:
- Collaborator list: View the list of collaborators currently in a document.
- Collaborator cursor: See cursors and selections for everyone in a document.
- Jump to collaborator: Instantly jump to a collaborator’s cursor by clicking their name in the collaborator list.
- Collaboration animation: Watch images and shapes animate as your collaborators move them around.
- Printing: Print your documents directly from the Tools menu.
- Folders: Organize your documents in folders.
Numbers for iCloud beta:
- Reorder sheets: Change the order of the sheets in your spreadsheet, right in your browser.
- Links: Create links using the HYPERLINK function.
Keynote for iCloud beta:
- Skip slides: Right-click any slide in the navigator to skip it during playback.