Ebay has pushed out a notable update to its main iPhone and iPad apps today that include a number of new features and updated designs. Most notably, the iPad now includes an in-store pickup option that shows a “Free In-Store Pickup” option under the “Shop Locally” search filter to show items from local merchants available for purchase.” That feature was previously limited to the iPhone. To go along with the new in-store pickup option on iPad, you can also now save your in-store pickup orders directly to Apple’s Passbook app.
For the iPad app, eBay says it’s also added a new selling landing page, smarter search results, and “more current shipping tracking”:
When something is on the way, where is it? We’ve updated our tracking capabilities to provide more timely status updates from within the app. Pull to refresh and get the latest info.
On the iPhone, users will noticed an updated Home page that provides quick access to Watched items, Feed and eBay Deals, and the updated app also includes larger photos, product reviews for many items, the ability to attach photos to messages, and support for selling from Austria and Netherlands.
What’s New in Version 3.3.0
• Updated Home page includes Watched items, Feed and eBay Deals!
• Larger photos on search and item pages
• Product reviews now included for many items in the eBay catalog
• You can now attach photos to messages
• Selling support added for Austria and Netherlands
• Save your in-store pick up order details to iPhone’s Passbook
• Brazilian Portuguese language support
• Speed improvements and Bug fixes