Apple has issued a software update to its OS X Server software for Macs that interacts with other Macs and iOS Devices. OS X Server, instead of an entire operating system, is simply now a suite of applications that run within OS Mavericks. Today’s update brings various enhancements and improvements:
What’s New in Version 3.1.2
• Calendar Server improvements for imports, invites and group scheduling
• Improvements to Messages Server stability when using Chat Rooms
• Fixes for Profile Manager deploying profiles containing variables when code signing is enabled
• Improved Profile Manager reliability for sending Volume Purchase Program invitations
• Fixes to enable Profile Manager to manage Device Enrollment Program systems with long descriptive names
The update also includes various security enhancements. Today’s update is free, while new purchases of OS X Server costs $19.99 on the Mac App Store.