Two bits of information for you this morning. First, did you know that there are almost 55 million “monthly active iPhone Facebook users”?! That is insane, but considering that almost everyone is on Facebook and Apple is coming up on 100 million iOS devices, not unreasonable.
Good news for those 55 million: Facebook updated last night to 3.1.3 which allows you to watch Facebook videos and upload larger 720px wide pictures on the iPhone. Did we mention that, at some point soon, you’ll be able to upload videos directly to Facebook from the iPhone.
Facebook iTunes link (or go to updates because you already have it)
What’s New in Version 3.1.3
New features in this version:
- You can now watch Facebook videos.
- You can now view and write on walls of events.
- Uploaded photos are now 720px wide.
This version contains fixes for the following bugs:
- Could not comment on photos accessed from Notifications
- Could not upload photos smaller than a certain size
- No more than 2 notifications were highlighted as unread
- Status updates appeared out of order in News Feed
- Broken photo album links in News Feed
- Birthdays view had months in wrong order
- Last section of friend list was incomplete if you had fewer than 8 friends
- Notes with non-ASCII text were cut off at the end