vjay ▪ April 3, 2013
vjay ▪ November 15, 2012
9to5Mac once again gathered the most noteworthy apps that announced news, launched, updated, or went on sale recently and added them in our usual roundup below.
Today’s selection includes an iPhone music-mixing app by Algoriddim, an updated app from Disney, a new episode for the Walking Dead game, price drops for many official PAC-MAN games, and notable Mac apps sales for Call of Duty 4, Tomb Raider: Underworld, and more. Keep checking back for more, as we continually update this list throughout the day.
1. vjay for iPhone | 99 cents
Algoriddim, the developer behind the popular djay apps for iPad, iPhone, and Mac, as well as vjay for iPad, just released an iPhone version of its vjay app. The “mashup machine for your music and videos” launched at introductory sale price, and it essentially brought the same functionality as the iPad version with the following feature highlights:
- Media Access
- Real-time video transitions, audio visuals effects
- Live Movie Recording
- Instant Facebook and YouTube sharing
- Support for external displays
- Built-in camera integration
- Integration with iTunes Store
- And much, much more.
Check out more below.
vjay ▪ August 6, 2012
Our usual list of apps and updates is below kicking off with a couple notable updates from over the weekend to the Instapaper and vjay apps:
vjay version 1.0.1: One of the biggest updates today goes to algoriddim’s video-mixing vjay app that we introduced you to a couple of months ago. Included in version 1.0.1 is support for 1080p videos up to 30 FPS, new settings like Auto Repeat and Play Automatically, and improved MIDI support for both the ION iDJ 2 Go MIDI controller and Numark Mixdeck Quad.
Instapaper version 4.2.4: The iPhone and iPad Instapaper app received an update that includes improvements to dark-mode and link colors, pagination performance, and support for Chrome, Buffer, and iCab Reading List in the Share panel. A full list of what’s new is below:
– Improved pagination performance.
– Improved dark-mode colors and link colors. (More on that front soon.)
– Removed instapaper.com/z short URLs from all remaining Twitter sharing methods. Now that t.co URLs are supported by nearly all apps, custom short URLs are unnecessary and they only inconvenience Twitter readers, so they’re gone. Your links are yours and should have as few intermediaries as possible.
– Removed rarely-used “Print” feature.
– Added Buffer, Chrome, and the upcoming iCab Reading List to the Share panel.
– Added “Report a text problem” to article footers so customers can help improve Instapaper’s parsing of certain pages.
– Improved Pinboard login security to use their new token system instead of storing passwords.
– Made syncing even faster.
– Fixed bugs from the future.
Discovery Channel HD version 1.9: In anticipation of the 25th anniversary of Shark Week, the Discovery Channel app was just updated with an “interactive second screen experience, synchronized to select shows from Shark Week.”
Using ACR (automatic content recognition) technology, this deeper dive into Shark Week features exclusive photos, behind-the-scenes information, revealing production shots, interactive infographics, shark trivia and much more!
Discovery Channel is offering Shark Week Plus exclusivity to iPad users each night of Shark Week from 9 to 10PM e/p, and Shark Week Bingo from 10-11PM e/p. Shark Week’s 25th anniversary begins Sunday, August 12.