Reader Elaine sends us this scene from a Costco
So I imagine there is a marketing meeting at the Sony Bravia offices a few months ago where they are brainstorming new ways to market this 46″ TV.
Someone steps up and says Apple is about to release a new OS and all of their boxes are going to have this ‘Galaxy Swirl’ thing on the cover. Perhaps we can confuse a few people into thinking this is Apple/type/quality products.
Sure, its a different angle and view, but it is pretty clear what the intention was. While this is probably legal and will certainly fool a certain part of the population, those who follow tech have to feel a little sorry for the once-great Sony, which is rapidly turning into an also-ran knock-off artist.
- Sony BRAVIA 32″ 720p LCD HDTV for $350 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- Sony BRAVIA 32″ 60Hz 720p LCD HDTV for $350 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- Sony BRAVIA 46″ 240Hz 1080p 3D LED LCD HDTV for $1,200 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- Refurb Sony BRAVIA 32″ 120Hz 1080p LED LCD HDTV for $360 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- Refurb Sony BRAVIA EX400 46″ 1080p LCD HDTV for $550 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.