9to5Mac has once again scoured the App Store for all the latest app launches, price drops, noteworthy news, and updates, and we have compiled everything in a roundup below. Check it out, but keep coming back as we continually refresh the list throughout the day.
1. 1Password 4 for iOS AgileBits, the makers of 1Password and Knox, posted a teaser vid on its blog this morning (above) and revealed 1Password 4 for iOS is coming:
An unforgettable journey. An epic battle. A fellowship strengthened. Ancient truths protected by the one password you need to remember.
1Password 4 for iOS is coming.
1. Yahoo! Mail | Free Yahoo’s CEO Marissa Mayer announced on Yahoo’s corporate blog today that a new Yahoo! Mail app for iOS has launched:
We’ve redesigned the new version of Yahoo! Mail with speed in mind — getting through your emails is faster than ever before. We’ve also made your inbox more intuitive and easier to navigate, allowing you to focus on what matters most: your messages. And, because mobile is everything these days, Yahoo! Mail now has a consistent look and feel across devices.
The app features inbox access with just one tap, push notifications for new messages, continuous scroll for inbox, auto complete email addresses, swipe gestures, multi-select message options, and the ability to attach photos, preview photos, and search in folders.
2. Pokédex for iOS | $1.99 An official Pokédex for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad finally launched last night. The universal app features Retina display and iPhone 5 support, six languages, powerful search functions, and the ability to “combine Pokémon from each region to make a National Pokédex!”
More updates and price drops below.
- Action Movie FX 2.0, Skype WiFi, my AT&T, Kik Messenger, more (9to5mac.com)
- New report suggests iPad Mini to be available with Wi-Fi only; 10-inch iPad to be updated for UK 4G network (9to5mac.com)
- Logitech’s Solar Keyboard for Mac, iPad and iPhone: $60 (9to5mac.com)
- 4490 mAh iPad Mini battery is almost exactly 3X size of iPhone and 1/3 of the iPad (9to5mac.com)
1. Find My iPhone | Free Apple just pushed out version 2.0.1 with a couple new tweaks, including: driving directions to device location (for iOS 6 or later) , and Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase buttons now appear separately from map view.
2. Angry Birds | 99 cents Rovio, the brains behind the popular Angry Birds franchise, announced via the App Store that it is celebrating Angry Bird’s third birthday today:
Happy Birdday! Can you believe that Angry Birds is turning three? We sure can’t! Celebrate with 30 NEW LEVELS, birdday cake, and the bubbliest bird ever — Pink Bird! But watch out for the cake — it’s not a lie, but it packs a BIG punch!
The change log specifically includes full iPhone 5 support and the following:
- Party with 15 new “Birdday Party” levels and some EXPLOSIVELY delicious cake!
- Pop pigs in 15 new Bad Piggies -themed levels!
- Say hello to Pink Bird!
- Full iPhone 5 support!
3. Fantastical | $1.99 Version 1.0.1 launched today with added default alarms, Facebook badges for Facebook events, improved performance when scrolling the DayTicker, and fixes for loading events and “minor locale problems with days of the week and dates.”
4. DEMONS’ SCORE | $6.99 Version 1.0.1 launched today to include iPhone 5 support for the “game stage screen.”
5. SoundHound | $6.99 Version 5.2.1 landed today with improved search speed and accuracy and unspecified bug fixes.
6. IKEA | Free Version 1.2 is now live and includes access to assembly instructions and other product related documents, improved performance and other minor enhancements, and launches for new, unspecified countries.
7. Buffer for Twitter and Facebook | Free Buffer lets users share to their Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and App.net account—”all from one place and at optimal times.” Version 2.0 features a brand new design and improved account selection.
8. Shazam | Free Version 5.5.0 features a bevy of tweaks and updates, including:
- All new Tagging screen that responds to the sounds around you
- Tagging without coverage? Shazam now matches automatically when you next have a connection
- Search My Tags – scroll up to the top of the My Tags to search for artists, titles, tag dates and tag locations
- Share tags on Google+
- For VoiceOver users, Shazam now has a “magic tap”: start tagging immediately with a two-finger double-tap from anywhere in the app
- Fixes & Improvements:
- Pull to Refresh restored to Shazam Friends
- Sharing Tags on Facebook now uses the iOS native sharing screen
9. Adobe Photoshop Express | Free Version 2.7 just pushed out with a new autocorrect feature that makes photos look great with just a single tap. The update also includes a free borders pack, a new “first run experience,” performance enhancements, workflow improvements, and bug fixes.
10. TWC TV | Free Version 3.0 is now optimized for iPhone 5. The update also includes:
- Added access to thousands of free and subscription on demand TV shows and movies
- Added “recently viewed channels” feature to live TV program guide
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
The press release specifically noted the latest version added over 4,000 TV shows and movies from 91 providers. Get more the details from the release.
- IM+ Pro | $2.99 (was $4.99)
- The Blocks Cometh By Halfbot | Free (was $1.99)
- Extinction Squad | Free (was 99 cents)
- iPlan for iPad | 99 cents (was $4.99)
- iPlan for iPhone | 99 cents (was $9.99)