Welcome to 9to5Mac Daily, a new podcast bringing you the latest in Apple news and top 9to5Mac stories every Monday through Friday. Today we’ve got Skype going private, Facebook getting friendly, Waze car integration, FM radio in CarPlay, Mac market share, and a visit from 9to5Toys.
New episodes of 9to5Mac Daily are recorded every weekday. Subscribe to our podcast in iTunes/Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- Skype partnering w/ Signal for new ‘Private Conversations’ encrypted messaging feature
- Facebook announces major News Feed overhaul w/ more content from friends & less from Pages
- Waze announces in-car mapping for iOS users w/ Ford Sync 3
- CarPlay will soon have AM/FM integration with Gracenote
- Mac shipments up 7.3% year-on-year, reports IDC, despite a tough U.S. market
- Screenplay for ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ written on dedicated, air-gapped MacBook Air to prevent leaks
- Best Buy kicks off new 2-day Sale w/ MacBook deals, smart home gear and more
- Amazon takes $50 off Echo Show for Prime members: $180 shipped, more
- Philips massive 40-inch curved 4K monitor has tons of inputs and is $700 (Reg. $800+)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.