Today we’ve got loads of HomePod launch news, changes available in iOS 11.2.5, and new details about the rumored 6.1-inch iPhone.
New episodes of 9to5Mac Daily are recorded every weekday. Subscribe to our podcast in iTunes/Apple Podcast or your favorite podcast player to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
- HomePod will be available to order from Friday, in stores on February 9
- Apple shares new HomePod details including gesture controls ahead of launch
- HomePod will cost £319 in UK and A$499 in Australia, coming to France and Germany next
- HomePod can play purchased iTunes music, podcasts and stream Beats 1 without Apple Music subscription
- AppleCare+ for HomePod will cost $39, covers AirPort products
- HomePod will launch with peer-to-peer AirPlay, multi-room and stereo coming this year
- KGI: 6.1-inch LCD iPhone priced between $700-$800 w/ single rear camera, no 3D Touch
- iOS 11.2.5 is now available for iPhone and iPad, adds HomePod support and more
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 with Messages fix now available for Mac
- tvOS 11.2.5 now available for Apple TV
- watchOS 4.2.2 is now available for Apple Watch
- Siri’s news podcast playback feature now includes sports, business, and music streams
- Apple releases iTunes 12.7.3 update w/ support for HomePod