Those who live outside of the United States are typically accustomed to setting clocks to 24-hour time. However, that is not the default in the U.S.
Fortunately, Apple gives the option on all of its platforms to set 24-hour time, regardless of region. Follow along to learn how to flip the switch…
How to set 24-hour time on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch & Mac
On iPhone & iPad:
- Head into Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Simply flip the 24-hour time switch.
On Apple Watch:
- In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, head to Clock.
- Flip the 24-hour time switch into the on position.
- Fire up System Preferences > Language & Region.
- Under Time Format: click on 24-hour time.
Having the preference is always nice. It’s even better when the option isn’t tied to a specific region like it is on certain platforms. While it’s highly subjective, 24-hour time can be much easier to read.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to prepare your Mac for an upgrade to a new MacBook Pro
- macOS: How to set a custom Siri keyboard shortcut
- How to update Sonos speakers for AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
- iPhone & iPad: How to get the official Apple user guides for free
- Mac: How to set default web browser
- iPhone & iPad: How to make sure you don’t send email to the wrong addresses
- iPhone & iPad: How to enable On/Off Labels