Apple’s original content efforts have been ramping up for quite some time, with more and more news breaking that the company is adding more to its catalog every week.
“Pachinko” chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. The story begins with a forbidden romance and crescendos into a sweeping saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America.
Soo Hugh will serve as showrunner, and will write and be executive producer for the series, with Lee also serving as an executive producer. Media Res is also said to be producing the show.
- Apple expands the cast of its upcoming Steven Knight sci-fi drama ‘See’
- Apple reaches deal for futuristic drama ‘See’ from Steven Knight & Francis Lawrence
- WSJ: Apple strikes deal with Steven Spielberg for new ‘Amazing Stories’ sci-fi
- Apple’s TV lineup will include a docuseries on ‘the world’s most extraordinary homes’
- Apple adds ‘Are You Sleeping?’ drama based on novel to its upcoming TV lineup