The Iconfactory has updated its excellent iPad Pro drawing app Linea Sketch with support for the new models, gesture control on the new Apple Pencil, and new fill and blending tools that enhance the app for all users. The latest update also lets you set what action is assigned to your finger when drawing with the Apple Pencil.
Linea Sketch is also gaining new ZipShapes (joining ZipLines) that turn rough shape drawing into perfectly shaped objects. This feature works with the pencil, pen, marker, and fill tools by holding the end of a drawn shape. ZipShapes recognize circles, ovals, squares, rectangles, triangles, and polygons, and you can use the transform tool to adjust the shape after you create it.
Linea Sketch also includes updated fill and blending tools:
Fill Tool – The paint roller fills large areas with color quickly and easily:
- Tap to instantly flood-fill an area on the selected layer
- Uses all currently-visible layers, including templates/grids, for the fill boundary
- Draw a shape with the fill tool to enclose a free-form area
- Supports opaque and additive ink settings
Blending Tool – The blending stick softens a portion of your sketch or smudges it:
- The effect uses both brush size and pressure
- Blur mode – Soften hard edges and lines; create pleasing gradients
- Smudge mode – Push or pull strokes to create free-flowing shapes and effects
- Finger blending – Set your finger to blend instead of erase in Settings
Linea is also adding the ability to revert sketches from pervious versions to correct mistakes or create new versions based on old sketches using iCloud. You can also select a new Mulberry background from the paper type options, and recording sketches no longer captures the recording interface.
- There is now a setting for what your finger does while an Apple Pencil is in use: erase, blend, draw, move the canvas, or ignore.
- Double-tap on the new Apple Pencil can be configured to switch tools, change interface state, enter selection mode, or modify tool sizes
- New template for full-screen tablet that matches 11″ iPad Pro aspect ratio