Want to change Siri’s language on your iPhone? Follow along for how to do it in a few simple steps and also how to make sure “Hey Siri” is set up in the new language.
If you end up changing the system-wide language on your iPhone, Siri’s language will actually remain the same as what you originally set it up with. Read on for how to change Siri’s language and how to retrain “Hey Siri” in the updated language with the steps and images below.
How to change Siri’s language on iPhone
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Siri & Search
- Choose Language
- Pick a new language and tap Change Language to confirm your choice
- Tap the “Hey Siri” toggle on the main Siri & Search settings to train the feature in the new language
Here’s how these steps look:
Note that when you change Siri’s language, “Hey Siri” will be turned off. On the main Siri & Search settings page, you’ll need to tap the toggle on and retrain it in the new language you selected (if you’ve haven’t used “Hey Siri” with it before).
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our How to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to speed up the iPhone upgrade process in iOS 12.4 and higher
- How to repeat song or album on iOS 13
- Apple TV remote not working? Here’s how to fix it
- Have multiple Apple Health data sources? Here’s how to get the best results
- How to use the split bill and tip calculator features on Apple Watch in watchOS 6
- How to update software directly on Apple Watch in watchOS 6
- How to download apps directly on Apple Watch in watchOS 6
- How to delete built-in apps on Apple Watch in watchOS 6
- How to automatically silence unknown and spam calls on iPhone in iOS 13
- How to automatically close Safari tabs on iPhone and iPad in iOS 13
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.