Are you tired of Siri mispronouncing your name and others’ names? Read on for how to easily get Siri to say names right on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
With all the different ways to pronounce names, it’s understandable that Siri can’t get them right by default. Fortunately, there’s a quick process to help the voice assistant out and get Siri to say names right. Keep in mind you can do this for yourself as well as any of your contacts.
How to get Siri to say names right
- Use the Siri command “Learn to pronounce ____________”
- Fill in the blank with a contact’s name or “my name”
- Tell Siri how to pronounce the first name, then choose from the options given
- Tell Siri how to pronounce the last name, then choose the best option
- You can also repeat how to pronounce it by tapping “Tell Siri again” if the offered options aren’t quite right
Here’s how the process looks:
For more help with getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to make Siri smarter with family relationships
- How to remove iOS configuration profiles on iPhone or iPad
- How to silence iPhone calls without sending directly to voicemail
- How to restore default iPhone settings without erasing your data
- Here’s what all the iPhone status bar icons mean
- How to send iPhone calls directly to voicemail
- How to stop Apple from potentially listening to your Siri recordings
- How to set up Plex on a Synology NAS drive
- How to change Siri’s language on iPhone
- How to speed up the iPhone upgrade process in iOS 12.4 and higher
- How to repeat song or album on iOS 13
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.