Update: iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and watchOS 6 beta 8 are now available. No updates to macOS Catalina beta 6 or tvOS 13 beta 7. iOS 13 public beta 7 also coming today.
Apple is releasing iOS 13 and iPad OS 13 beta 8 to developers (possibly alongside new seeds of watchOS 6, tvOS 13, and macOS Catalina) today. The release comes just under one week since the last round of releases — save for macOS Catalina which was just updated this week.
Apple’s public beta builds should follow at a later date after the latest developer beta has been tested in the wild.
Ecobee HomeKit Thermostat
Apple’s new software version won’t be complete until around September, however, so testers should still expect performance and stability issues when running the iOS 13 beta on primary devices.
iOS 12 had 11 developer beta versions last year, so the eighth developer beta for iOS 13 means we’re over the halfway point in development. iOS 13 is currently available to test for free through Apple’s public beta program as well.
Curious what Apple’s major software versions will do for your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac? Catch up on 9to5Mac’s coverage below:
- Hands-on with 200+ iOS 13 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on with 50 new iPadOS 13 changes and features [Video]
- Previewing CarPlay in iOS 13: Light mode, new and improved apps, more
- Hands-on: 80+ watchOS 6 changes and features [Video]
- tvOS 13 Guide
- Hands-on: macOS Catalina top features [Video]
- Download iOS 13’s HomeKit Home app wallpapers for iPhone and iPad
Also stay tuned for our hands-on coverage with iOS 13 beta 8 and all the other betas as we dig in and unpack new user-facing changes as well as under-the-hood updates!