Among the subtle changes that have arrived with iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and macOS Catalina, Reminders Lists can now be customized with 60 different icons and a choice of 12 colors. Read on for how to change icons and colors for Reminders Lists on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
The 60 new icons paired with the 12 colors give Apple users 720 ways to make their Reminders Lists unique and perfectly fit their own needs.
How to change icons and colors for Reminders Lists on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
On iPhone and iPad (option 1):
- Open Reminders
- When looking at a List, tap the … icon in the top right corner
- Choose Name & Appearance
- Pick from the 12 color choices and 60 icon options
- Tap Done
Now pick your new icon and color.
On iPhone and iPad (option 2):
You can also edit icons and colors for Lists from the all Lists view.
- Tap Edit (top right on iPhone, top middle-left on iPad)
- Tap the “i” icon next to the List you want to customize
- Choose your new color and icon
- Tap Done
Tap Done when finished and follow the same steps to customize all of your Lists icons and colors.
- Open Reminders on your Mac
- Right-click on the List you want to change
- Choose Show Info
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the round icon
- Pick your new color and/or icon
- Click OK to save your changes
Now click on the drop-down arrow next to the List icon.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to set up Screen Time on your Mac in macOS Catalina
- How to get your Mac ready for macOS Catalina
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
iPhone & iPad:
- How to make subtasks and sublists with Reminders in iOS 13 and macOS Catalina
- How to get started with and use ‘Sign in with Apple’ on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to share your location on iPhone and more with the Find My app
- How to check if your iPhone 6s is eligible for Apple’s new repair program
- iPadOS 13: How to make iPad app icons and text bigger
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to use iCloud Keychain to manage and store your passwords
- How to take timed photos with iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Camera app
- How to use Night mode on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.