After versions for Mac and iPad, Feral Interactive has announced that a Company of Heroes iPhone app is coming ‘later this year.’
Company of Heroes is the critically acclaimed and enduringly popular World War II game that redefined real-time strategy with a compelling combination of fast-moving campaigns, dynamic combat environments, and advanced squad-based tactics.
A masterpiece of simulated warfare, Company of Heroes puts players in command of two companies of American soldiers, and challenges them to direct an intense squad-based campaign starting at the D-Day Invasion of Normandy.
Fully tailored to and optimised for mobile devices, Company of Heroes features a sophisticated user interface that helps players execute real-time tactics, adapt to rapidly shifting combat environments, and overcome ferocious opposition to secure the liberation of France.
The game won multiple awards when it was first launched.
- PC Gamer: Game of the Year 2006
- GameSpy: PC Game of 2006, Best Sound, Best PC Strategy Game, Best PC Multiplayer
- Satellite Awards: Outstanding Puzzle/Strategy Game
- GameSpot: Best PC Game 2006, Best Strategy Game
- IGN: PC Game of 2006, Best PC Strategy Game, Best Use of Sound on PC, Best Online PC game
- Game Critics Awards: Best Strategy Game
- GameSpot: 2005 Best PC Game of Show; Best Strategy Game of Show; Best Overall Game of Show
- IGN: Runner-up, Best Strategy Game (PC), Runner-up, Technological Excellence (PC
- GameSpy: Best of E3
- Interactive Achievement Awards: Strategy Game of the Year
The iPhone edition will cost the same $13.99 as the iPad version. As before, it’s a one-off cost, with no in-app purchases.
If you already bought the iPad game, you’ll be able to install the iPhone one at no extra cost.
There’s no word yet on when to expect the Company of Heroes iPhone app beyond sometime this year, nor do we know which iPhones will support it.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.