Beats Pill Bluetooth portable speaker with NFC chip for iOS now available for $199
Beats Electronics just announced the availability of its Jawbone speaker alternative, the Beats Pill.
The four-speaker system is compatible with iOS and Android via Bluetooth 4.0, and it amplifies app audio and supports all call functions including conference calls due to a built-in microphone. It also boasts an NFC chip so users can pair an NFC-enabled smartphone with just a tap.
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery provides 7 hours of continuous play
- AC Power adapter with USB receptacle for charging
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes of no signal detection in order to conserve battery life
- 3.5mm line out for connection to an external speaker system
- Built-in mic for hands free conferencing
- Echo cancellation for call clarity and feedback control
- 8 Bluetooth profiles
- Tap-to-pair NFC and apt-X technology for easy and instant Bluetooth audio
It is available today in black, red, and white options for $199 at Beats’ website and select retailers.
Check it out: Beats Pill—Just what the doctor ordered
The full press release is below.
(The company also announced The Beats By Dr. Dre Executive Headphones for $299.95. Complete details are in the presser below.)