Apple Watch is Apple’s wearable is designed to help you stay active, motivated, and connected. The newest version is the Series 4. Apple Watch is a main product for Apple’s health initiatives.
Series 4 features:
- 64-bit dual-core S4 processor (Up to 2x faster than S3 processor)
- 10.7mm thin
- Electrical heart sensor (ECG app)
- Second-generation optical heart sensor
- Fall Detection
- Digital Crown with haptic feedback
- LTE option
The original Watch (later called Series 0) was released April 24, 2015 after years of rumors. While there was a lot of initial hype around it, the 3rd party watchOS apps were slow to launch due to API limitations. Native apps were available in watchOS 2. The original watch came in 38mm and 42mm sizes.
The Series 2 Watch was released on September 16th, 2016 along with a Series 1 Watch. The Series 2 included the S2 chip, built-in GPS, and water-proof construction. The Series 1 included the S2, but lacked GPS and water proofing.
The Series 3 Watch was released on the September 22nd 2017, and it included an LTE option and the S3 chip.
The Series 5 watch is expected to be released in 2019.
- watchOS 5 for Apple Watch now available with Podcasts and Walkie-Talkie apps, much more
- Apple officially announces Series 4 with larger display, thinner body, more
- Hands-on: 50 new watchOS 5 changes and features [Video]
- New Apple Watch? Here’s how to wrangle your notifications
- Top Series 4 features [Video]
- Review: Series 4 — beautiful design, invisible features
For all the latest deals on Apple Watch, bands, and accessories, check out 9to5Toys.com.