- Wireless cord-free Bluetooth earbuds
- 5 hours battery life
- Charging case w/ extra 24 hours battery life on-the-go
- Price: $159
Check out our top stories on AirPods:
- AirPods: Top Features – Was it worth the wait? [Video]
- Flying with AirPods: Airplane Mode, ambient noise, battery life, and more
- Hands-on: AirPods versus Powerbeats3, Apple’s new wireless W1 earphones comparedHow to pair AirPods with Android, Apple TV, PC, older Macs, and more
- Hands on with the best AirPods accessories
AirPods are Apple’s wireless, cord-free in-ear headphones, unveiled alongside the iPhone 7 on September 7, 2016. Priced at $159 they were originally announced to be available in late October, 2016 but were delayed until December 13.
They have a very similar form-factor to the company’s wired EarPods, with the obvious omission of a cable and the addition of Bluetooth connectivity. Despite this, early reports suggest that they are better at staying in your ears.
AirPods offer Apple’s latest wireless pairing system, based on a new W1 chip. They pair instantly, and that pairing propagates across all your Apple devices via iCloud. The secret sauce behind the new pairing system turned out to be all in the W1 chip in the AirPods themselves, so it works with Bluetooth LE devices all the way back to the iPhone 5.