Apple takes fourth place in EPA’s list of green-powered tech companies
The Environmental Protection Agency has published its list of the top 30 tech and telecom companies in the U.S. that take advantage of the most renewable energy sources, placing Apple near the top of the bunch at fourth place. Apple’s green power consumption reached 537,393,667 kWh, according to the EPA’s report.
According to the EPA, only Intel, Microsoft, and Google use more green energy than the Cupertino company—though Apple definitely takes the prize for sourcing its power from the longest list of providers (eleven, compared to the next-highest count of only five).
The study also notes that around 85% of Apple’s total power usage comes from “green” sources, such as wind and solar, while the other 15% comes from non-green sources.