I released my music app Party DJ last year – it shuffles all your music (or just music from chosen playlists), and allows friends with smartphones and tablets to vote on what music to listen to next.
It’s a great app for listening to music with friends & family, and I’ve just released an update that makes it free-to-try and brings a whole lot of new features.
- Party DJ can shuffle your whole iOS music library, or only songs from playlists of your choice.
- Non-iOS users (eg. Android & Windows Phone users) can vote too, using a web interface.
- If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection available, iOS users can still connect and vote using Peer-to-Peer Bluetooth – great for playing music on road trips!
- Party guests can add music from their own library into the queue, if the host allows it.
- As the host you remain in control, able to skip and re-order tracks as you see fit.
- The latest update brings lots of new features, likes crossfading and a beautiful TV display showing what’s playing now and upcoming tracks.
Here’s the website for the app: http://pdj.fm
Party DJ is available on the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/party-dj/id705873160?mt=8&uo=4&at=11l4G5&ct=9to5mac