Apple TV 5.2 jailbroken, FireCore releases updates to Seas0nPass & aTV Flash (black)
Apple rolled out Apple TV update 5.2 in January, bringing Bluetooth keyboard support, Up Next, and an enhanced iTunes in the Cloud service alongside iOS 6.1 for iOS devices. Today, FireCore announced it has released updates to aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass that support the new 5.2 update. FireCore’s aTV Flash software enables jailbroken second-generation Apple TVs to support additional file formats, access a web browser, and much more.
To the delight of many loyal users, Apple officially added support for Bluetooth keyboards in Apple TV 5.2, and we’ve been working non-stop to provide a seamless experience in aTV Flash (black) 2.2. Now features such as web browsing, media playback, library browsing and more can all be controlled using a wireless keyboard. Don’t worry, the normal remote will still work as well.
The team provided instructions for updating:
What’s the best way to update? aTV Flash (black) 2.2 is compatible with any ATV2 running 4.4 and later, so updating to 5.2 is not required. However, should you so desire, the best way to update can be found below.
- Backup your settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- Run the latest version of Seas0nPass to update the Apple TV to 5.2.
- Download and install the new 2.2 version of aTV Flash (black).
- Install any desired items through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu.
- Restore the previously saved settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- That’s it!