In case you’re stuck on Windows and want to live stream Apple’s iPhone 6 event on Sept. 9, here are some quick and easy instructions (via Reddit):
- Download VLC Player from here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- Install it and everything, make sure it works correctly.
- Open the program. Click on Media (top left) > Open Network Stream.
- You will see this screen: http://puu.sh/bqV9o.png
- Paste this link into that field: http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/14pijnadfpvkjnfvpijhabdfvpijbadfv09/m3u8/atv_mvp.m3u8
- Initially you will see an error in VLC media player “Unable to open the MRU file …” Don’t worry, this is because the event has not started yet.
This year Apple announced it would only offer its live stream through its website to users on Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later, or Apple TV version 5.0.2 or later.