Nobody sent us a flyer and we aren’t getting paid to post this (though we’ve provided an easy link to our Amazon Store), but we just got ourselves a crush on the Mitsubishi PK20 LED DLP Pocket Projector. Why? Several reasons:
- It is LED powered so very low power consumption compared to bulbs
- Power Consumption is so low that it includes a laptop-sized battery that lasts for up to 2 hours. – a normal projector would require 2 car batteries for that
- LEDs are cool – temperature cool – so they don’t heat up your space
- SD card slot reader
- SO SO Small and getting smaller. The design of the device fitting on the palm of a woman’s hand below says it all. As the Tech gets better we could see much smaller devices and even *gasp* built into laptops
- A nice, simple remote for easy access
All of this efficiency of course comes at a price. The device can be found under $500 at certain shops which is a bit higher than the equivelent powered bulb projectors. Of course with LED projectors, the projection isn’t nearly as bright – so you will need to dim the lights. Also, this device being ultra basic, it doesn’t have the finer controls that you need for focus and resizing. Also it is native 800×600 with the ability to do an interpolated 1024×768.
Still though, with Component AV in and a tripod adapter and at such a low price, we can’t help but think this would be a great addition to our gadget gear.
-Even with an iPhone component cable (yeah we tried! We can’t stop talking about it)
- -no need to replace lamp (ever)…this feature is worth the price of the projector alone
- amazingly small – 7’x5′ (or smaller) image – simple menus
- tripod mountable makes it very portable & easy to adjust size & position
- excellent for DVD movies – project image on walls (don’t need the hassle of having a screen)
- very silent
- auto shut-off if no signal detected
- can’t adjust size of the picture to fit screen, except by moving unit
- Lights overwhelm the picture – no standby mode…will not turn on automatically if signal detected
- pain to fit to a screen
- more powerful/multiple LED
- more adjustments
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.