Remember OS X? macOS Sierra is the new hotness, but OS X El Capitan has at least one more update left before the big name change takes place later this year. OS X 10.11.6 isn’t quit ready for prime time yet, but Apple has released the third beta version of the Mac software update for testing.
Apple first started testing the Mac update back in May. The last beta version was released earlier this month with updates two weeks apart. The update is generally without new features and likely focuses on security improvements and bug fixes.
Check out our continuing coverage of what to expect in macOS Sierra below:
- Hands-on: New features in macOS Sierra [Video]
- Apple announces macOS Sierra will ship in the fall, developer beta today, public beta in July
- macOS Sierra beta lets Mac users rearrange third-party menu bar extras
- How-To: Enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube videos in macOS Sierra
- Resources found in macOS Sierra hint at upcoming OLED touch bar, Touch ID support, more
- Apple announces macOS Sierra at WWDC with Apple Pay, Auto Unlock, Universal Clipboard and more
- macOS Sierra brings Siri to the desktop for the first time
- Download iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 Sierra wallpapers for iPhone, iPad, and Mac
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.