This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the latest iOS 10 design changes, the fate of Apple’s Thunderbolt Display, macOS Sierra review previews, and the latest iPhone 7 rumors. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple officially discontinues Thunderbolt Display, points users towards third-party options
- Apple monitor with integrated GPU still expected following discontinued Thunderbolt Display
- “One port to do it all” – the new integrated USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port makes it into the first laptop
- Roundup: Everything we know about the rumored MacBook Pro w/ Touch ID, OLED fn keys & USB-C
- macOS Sierra Preview Roundup: Mac catching up with iPhone & iPad, but many iOS 10 features are missing
- Apple once again joins in San Francisco Pride parade, gifts limited-edition Apple Watch band to employees
- 2017 Apple Watch reportedly switching to Micro-LED screen technology, away from OLED panels
- Latest round of leaked iPhone 7 photos show new (larger) cameras for both 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch models
- iPhone 7 now seems likely to come in Space Black to match Apple Watch, as other rumors emerge
- What will Apple call the next iPhone? iPhone 7? Pro? Air? or something new? [Poll]
- Renders imagine what Apple’s new darker “Space Black” iPhone 7 might look like
- Will a new dark black color for iPhone 7 encourage you to upgrade? [Poll]
- Analysts corroborate reports claiming the iPhone 7 will feature a Force Touch Home button
- Bose QuietComfort 35s are the perfect wireless, noise cancelling headphones for the iPhone 7
- Harrys.com: Visit Harrys.com/HappyHour to save $5 on your next purchase and start a free trial shave plan.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!