Three weeks after having released the first preview for watchOS 3, Apple has started pushing out the second beta version to developers. watchOS 3 beta 2 is available to download as a Configuration Profile from the Apple developer center. Release notes are not yet available, but should be up fairly soon.
watchOS 3 brings major speed improvements and new user experiences to the Apple Watch. We’ve spent the past few weeks diving into watchOS 3 beta 1’s features; take a look at the links below to get caught up:
- Apple unveils watchOS 3 with major app speed improvements, more
- Hands-on: watchOS 3 Apple Watch tidbits
- Hands-on: New features in watchOS 3 [Video]
- The Dock in watchOS 3 breathes new life into the Apple Watch [Video]
- Hands-on: iOS 10 + watchOS 3 Home app for HomeKit on iPhone, iPad, & Apple Watch
- Top 10 WWDC 2016 features from iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10 [Video + Poll]
To stay up to date with our watchOS 3 coverage, be sure to follow alongside on our watchOS 3 guide.
Developers looking to install the watchOS 3 beta for the first time on their devices can grab the appropriate Configuration Profiles for watchOS 3 on Apple’s developer center. Current testers and developers looking to grab the latest watchOS 3 beta can navigate to the Watch app on their iPhone and check under the Software Update section.
Once updated, the latest watchOS 3 beta 2 release notes will be found here.
- Today’s beta update introduces the Emergency SOS feature original shown off at the WWDC keynote. Pressing and holding the side button to initiate the device shutdown UI now presents an Emergency SOS option as well. Pressing and holding the side button for 6 seconds will automatically contact emergency services. To cancel the call, press firmly on the display and select Cancel.
- Return of the lock function without Force Touch during Workout app (with suggestion it’s for use during rain)
- Activity sharing now working for some