In this week’s top stories: iPhone 8 rumors, BeatsX go on sale, an Ultra Accessory Connector for MFi accessories, iOS 10.3 beta 2, what’s next for Apple Watch, and much more.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
We kick things off this week with the latest iPhone 8 reports including more on wireless charging capabilities reportedly planned for the next-gen iPhones. That news comes alongside reports indicating there might be a higher price tag attached to this year’s flagship models. Apple releases iOS 10.3 beta 2, and we detail a new Ultra Accessory Connect it is allowing for headphones in its Made-for-iPhone accessory licensing program.
Zac breaks down what’s next for Apple Watch. Apple’s delayed BeatsX wireless earphones go on sale as the first W1-chip enabled earbuds option following AirPods. And we give you a look at Spotty, a free upcoming app that brings Spotify offline playback to Apple Watch in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Apple plans new smaller Ultra Accessory Connector (UAC) for Made-for-iPhone accessories
- Growing number of matte black iPhone 7 users report chipped paint on edges…
- KGI: Wireless charging for all three new iPhones, iPhone 8 requires higher cost 3D sensor
- Report: iPhone 8 to feature Lumentum-sourced 3D sensor, launch above $1,000
- Apple rolling out iOS 10.3 beta 2 for iPhone and iPad
- Apple releases iOS 10.3 public beta 2 for iPhone and iPad
- Feature Request: Tidy up the iOS status bar, declutter icons and hide carrier name
Apple Watch | BeatsX
- What’s next for Apple Watch? How sleep tracking, cellular, and an always-on display
- With Apple Watch prices falling and Jawbone’s exit, is there still a market for dedicated fitness trackers?
- BeatsX go on sale Feb 10 at US Apple retail stores & online, two new colors
- Roundup: Early BeatsX reviews note improved isolation compared to AirPods, bass-heavy sound
- Hands on first impressions with HP’s ENVY 27, an affordable 4K USB-C display
- macOS 10.12.4 beta code points to expected Kaby Lake MacBook Pro upgrades
- New EU rules will remove ‘geoblocking’ so customers can use online subscription services
- Popular apps with 18 million combined downloads in the App Store found vulnerable
- Pokémon Go Valentine’s Day in-app event starts today: double candy, 6 hour lures, more pink Pokémon
- Here’s why people are saying iCloud is secretly storing your ‘deleted’ Safari history
This week’s top videos |
- Meet Spotty, a free upcoming app that brings Spotify offline playback to Apple Watch [Video]
- Review: First Alert’s Onelink Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm, the HomeKit smoke detector [Video]
Happy Hour Podcast #106 |
This week Zac and Benjamin discuss the launch of BeatsX, Apple’s AirPods alternative, Android Wear 2.0 and how the new smartwatches compare to Apple Watch, iPhone 8 rumors, and new Apple Campus 2 details.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
Clock pictured in top image from 9to5Toys: This gorgeous desk clock is made with vintage Soviet Union Nixie tubes