The popular and brutally honest weather app Carrot Weather has today been updated to version 4.7.2 with a handful of new features. The update brings improvements for hurricane tracking, notification changes, and much more.
As we enter the heart of hurricane season, headlining today’s Carrot Weather update is support for hurricane notifications. This means the app will now send you updates on the progression of a hurricane, including its current category. This feature is exclusive to Premium Club users of Carrot Weather.
Hurricane Tracker Notifications (Premium Club only)
Curious what your new favorite tropical storm is up to? Now I can keep you updated on its progress towards getting upgraded to a category 5 hurricane! (Note: Available in North and Central America only.)
Elsewhere, Carrot Weather is making a pair of improvements to how it handles notifications. First, when you get a severe weather alert notification, you can now tap it to open the alert directly inside the Carrot Weather app. Furthermore, when you receive a Daily Report notification, old notifications will be overwritten to prevent clutter.
Other smaller changes include support for showing Fahrenheit and Celsius side-by-side in hour and daily views, improvements to the iPad layout, and more:
- When you get a severe weather alert notification, you can now tap it to open the alert directly inside my iOS app. (U.S. only for now.)
- When you receive a Daily Report notification, I will now overwrite any old ones so they don’t clog up your Notification Center.
- Added option to show Fahrenheit and Celsius side-by-side in the hourly and daily platforms.
- Made improvements to my iPad landscape layout.
- Fixed an issue with the place search database for users in China.
- Fixed a couple bugs with the anniversary achievements.
Carrot Weather is a $4.99 download on the App Store.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.