Olloclip has today unveiled its latest camera attachment that offers flexibility for use with a wide range of smartphones. The new Multi-Device Clip works with iPhone X amongst “most mobile devices” and can be used with six different interchangeable lenses.
As the name suggests, Multi-Device Clip is a universal-style camera attachment to offer more flexibility than the company’s iPhone-only products.
Here’s how Olloclip describes the new product:
The Multi-Device Clip features an expanding clip design that provides a flush alignment of the camera and lens, and compatibility with screen protectors and smartphone cases up to 12mm in combined thickness.
In addition to working with most smartphones even with cases and screen protectors, it can be used for both rear and front-facing cameras. It works with the Connect X lenses (same ones as the iPhone X system) which includes six options:
- Super-Wide: Four-element lens with more than 120-degree visibility
- Ultra-Wide: A 155-degree action camera field-of-view
- Telephoto: 2X optical zoom to get twice as close to the action
- Fisheye and Macro: Unique 180-degree wide-angle spherical effect and microscope like magnification
- Macro 7X +14X: Get detail oriented and see beyond the naked eye
- Macro 21X: Turn your phone into a microscope
One caveat to keep in mind, Olloclip notes that it “Does not work with any Connect Lenses (for iPhone 8/8 Plus or iPhone 7/7 Plus Clip)”.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.