Accessory maker Griffin today updated its line of iPhone and Apple Watch charging solutions with new designs for 2019. A series of USB-C cables and a new iPhone case from Incipio round out today’s CES announcements.
First is the PowerBlock Wireless Charging Stand/Pad, a 10-watt Qi device that can charge your iPhone vertically in portrait and landscape mode or horizontally. A convertible design allows the charging surface to flip up as desired. Also new is the PowerBlock Wireless Fast Charging Pad, a 7.5-watt Qi charger. Griffin will also offer a model that includes an Apple Watch dock.
In addition, the new Reserve Wireless Charging Power Bank offers a surface for powering Qi-capable devices and a 5000mAh battery. A USB-A port can optionally provide 10 watts of power. Pricing and availability for Griffin’s new chargers is as follows:
- PowerBlock Wireless Charging Pad/Stand – Available Q2 2019 for $39.99 USD
- PowerBlock Wireless Fast Charging Pad – Available Q1 2019 for $59.99 USD
- PowerBlock Wireless Fast Charging Pad with Apple Watch Dock – Available Q1 2019 for $79.99 USD
- Reserve Wireless Charging Power Bank – Available Q1 2019 for $34.99 USD
Griffin is also launching new USB-C to Lightning cables, wall chargers, and a car charger which are currently in the process of Apple MFi certification. All of the new products are expected to be available during Q2 2019. The lineup will include:
- 4 and 6-foot USB-C to Lightning Cables ($19.99-$29.99)
- 5-foot Premium USB-C to Lightning Cable with aluminum over-mold and braided cable design ($34.99)
- PowerBlock 18W USB-C wall charger and cable ($39.99)
- PowerBlock 18W USB-C and 12W USB-A wall charger and cable ($49.99)
- PowerJolt 18W USB-C PD car charger and cable ($39.99)
Finally, Griffin partner Incipio is introducing a new impact-ready iPhone case called Aerolite. The case is designed with what Incipio calls FortiCore, a shock absorbing protective material that reduces G-force impact by 40% compared to traditional case materials. The case has been drop-tested to protect against falls of up to 11 feet. Aerolite will be available for iPhone X/XS/XS Max and iPhone XR for $39.99 beginning in March.
You can keep up with all of the latest product announcements from Las Vegas in our CES 2019 Guide.