Need to adjust the calories or exercise minutes it takes to close your Activity rings for a rest day or sick day? Follow along for how to change your Apple watch Move goal and Exercise goal.
The Activity rings on Apple Watch are made up of Stand, Exercise, and Move goals and closing them each day requires hitting certain metrics. With watchOS 7, you can change each goal.
However, Apple Watch doesn’t offer an official way to take a rest or sick day. But there are a couple of options to adjust how you close your rings on rest days or times when you can’t get a normal workout in.
How to change Apple Watch Move, Excercise, and Stand goal
- On your Apple Watch head to the Activity app
- Swipe or scroll to the bottom
- Tap Change Goals
- Update your goal(s) with the on-screen buttons or your Digital Crown
- Tap Next to customize each goal, tap OK when done
How to take a rest day and still close your rings
A majority of Apple Watch users would likely agree there should be some official way to get through rest or sick days without having to miss out on Activity achievements. While there isn’t a rest/sick day feature for now, you can change the way you close your Exercise ring on days you might be sick or need to rest.
- Head to the Workout app on Apple Watch
- Choose an “Other” or “Mind & Body”
- If you don’t see them in your Workout list, swipe or scroll to the very bottom and choose Add Workout
- No matter your heart rate, you’ll earn a minute of exercise credit for every minute you’re doing an Other or Mind & Body workout
Here’s how this looks:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.