Finnish 90-day old iPhone combusts into smoke cloud on CCTV
According to a report this evening from Finnish pub SK24, a 17-year-old Finn named Henri Helminen was carrying his iPhone in his back pocket (stick with us here) when it spontaneously started smoking in a big way. We all know Lithium batteries can— if something is wrong— explode or behave like in the video. But, usually there has to be some major malfunction. An Australian man’s iPhone blew up recently, but it was traced to a poorly done third-party repair.
This is a little too close to Nokia’s headquarters for us to believe off the bat. We will continue to follow the story to see what has happened.
Video of the exploding iPhone below: