9to5Mac scoured Apple’s App Store and the Web for the most talked about, best-rated or just plain interesting apps related to the 2012 U.S. Presidential Election, the candidates and their respective campaigns, and general news coverage for election night. Check out the roundup below; we will continually update throughout the day.
Oh, and check out the newly published YouTube video above of a voting machine supposedly “altering votes” earlier this morning. Eeek.
2. Romney-Ryan for iOS | Free The official campaign app aggregates the latest news and updates, offers folks a chance to donate, and it provides exclusive campaign information with sharing options friends and family.
1. Super PAC App for iOS | Free Discover more about the presidential election ads on TV. The app identifies commercials from all political groups, including Super PACs, and the official campaigns.
2. 2012 Map: The Presidential Election App for iOS | $1.99 User can create, save, and share 2012 presidential election scenarios with this app that includes “Live” maps updated daily with the newest polling data and “Historical” maps that detail every election from 1789 through 2008.
3. Election 2012 Issues: Obama vs Romney in Their Own Words for iPhone | Free Answer arguments about candidate’s views with videos of them using their own words. This app is non-partisan and details both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney’s position.
4. Election Results 2012 for iOS | 99 cents Real-time election results for GOP primaries, Senate, Governor, House races, and the Presidential elections in November 2012.
5. VoterHub by AT&T for iPhone | Free This is a “non-partisan clearinghouse for information on the 2012 election season, and future elections, in all 50 states,” with options for checking voter registration status, registering to vote, finding local polling place, getting detailed information on each candidate, and aggregating the latest election news from The Associated Press, etc.
6. Campaign 2012 – Obama vs Romney US Presidential Election News for iOS | Free A source of up-to-date information about the 2012 U.S. presidential election with continually updated news, opinions, and analysis from many news sources. No subscription fees, either.
7. Electoral Vote Polls for iOS | Free Electoral-Vote.com tracks the poll numbers for upcoming Senate, House, and Presidential elections. The site is popular, but now folks can now stay informed on the latest poll numbers on an iOS device.
8. 270toWin for iOS | 99 cents According to the app’s description on the App Store: “It takes 270 electoral votes to win the White House. Make your predictions by starting with one of our many library maps. With one touch you are on your way to deciding which states will go to the Republican party, which ones will go to the Democratic party and which ones are leaning, likely or undecided.” Maps will update on Nov. 6 as states are called.
9. Presidential Election Race 2012 for iPhone | 99 cents Follow the electoral vote scoreboard and state-by-state poll results, and monitor the swing states with alerts for new polls with the latest election news, a map of how each state is trending, the number of electoral votes for each state, and the history of each state’s voting record since 1940.
10. Settle It! PolitiFact’s Argument Ender by TIMES Publishing for iOS | Free Resolve political disputes with this app that checks facts in campaign ads and tests users’ knowledge. Folks can also find fact-checks by searching name, keywords and subject, browse Truth-O-Meter ratings by person and subject, and share their findings by email, Facebook and Twitter.