Microsoft announces preview of new Skype for Business iOS app with simplified UI & better navigation
If you’ve felt that Microsoft’s Skype for Business iOS app was lagging behind the consumer app in terms of visual appeal and ease of use, the company has been working on correcting that. Microsoft says that the latest version of its enterprise-oriented app is now available for preview, before its rollout later in the year.
- Larger buttons make it easier to mute, add participants and manage your call.
- Video, which now fills the screen, brings you closer to your colleagues.
- We made it easier to navigate between video and content with just one tap by simplifying the IM, video and content panes. While you can still view content in full screen, you can now also view content and see the speaker’s video at the same time!
- Contact search bar—Search your Global Address List by first name, last name, email alias or even a phone number! On iOS, your phone contacts are also included in the search.
- Upcoming appointments—Here you can see your current and next meetings in your calendar. You can either click through to read more about the meeting or click the Quick Join icon to join the meeting right away.
- Recent conversations—Makes it easy to refer back to your most recent chats, phone calls and meetings.
Only a handful of users per company can get access to the preview, however, admins able to nominate up to four iOS users to trial it. IT administrators can visit www.skypepreview.com to take part in the preview program.