Update: iOS 5.0.1 expires for developers on Wednesday December 14th — interesting.
Apple has just begun seeding iOS 5.0.1 (9A402) to developers. The new update features battery life fixes, multitasking gestures on the original iPad, improves Voice recognition for Australian users, and features other bug and security fixes. The update weighs in at 811MB. Go ahead and download it on the Developer Center!
iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
– Contains security improvements
iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.
Confirming the release notes, Apple has shared with AllThingsD this afternoon that an update for battery life on iOS 5 will be coming in a few weeks.