Archos recently showed off its latest product—a fancy, ultra thin Bluetooth keyboard cover for the iPad—and, boy, is it slim.
Coming in at only 5 mm thick, it is almost as thin as Apple’s Smart Cover and Microsoft’s Touch Cover. The keyboard fits the second-generation iPad and newer, and the sleek design features an adjustable kickstand, aluminum backing, white keys, full QWERTY arrangement with iOS-native keyboard shortcuts, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Archos said the Ultrathin Bluetooth Keyboard would land in March for $79. That’s an attractive price, considering 9to5Mac’s favorite Bluetooth keyboard covers by Logitech and Zagg go for $100 and $130, respectively. However, Logitech’s Ultrathin Keyboard Cover is currently on sale at Amazon for $79.40.
Get more details in the press release below.
- Walmart now offers iPhone 5 on Straight Talk’s no-contract unlimited plans
- Apple seeds OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 build 12D50 to developers
- WSJ once again claims Apple working on less-expensive iPhone, this time for late 2013
- T-Mobile execs claim 100K iPhone activations each month, first LTE market to launch in Vegas soon (Video)
Ultrathin Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Unveiled by ARCHOS Design
Based on the popular ARCHOS Gen10 tablet coverboard, this is the thinnest iPad Keyboard available
Denver, CO – January 24th, 2013 – ARCHOS, a pioneer in multimedia portable devices, is pleased to announce the ARCHOS Design Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad, a magnetic Bluetooth full QWERTY keyboard for 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations. The Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad was created by a new division in ARCHOS that will be dedicated to sharing ARCHOS innovations with other brands. With a very similar look and feel to the ARCHOS Gen10 XS coverboard, the Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad is ultra-thin at only 5 mm (0.2’’) and features an adjustable kickstand along with an aluminum back casing. Combining the best of both worlds, iPad users can expect this to be available in March for $79 MSRP.
The needs and wants of today’s consumer have changed drastically over the past few years. Consumers expect everything to be smaller, faster, thinner, lighter and aesthetically pleasing,” says Henri Crohas, Founder and CEO of ARCHOS. “In order to meet this demand we feel that we should share our innovation and design across a number of different platforms.”
Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad features include:
- Ultra-thin Design – At only 5 mm (0.2’’) this is the thinnest iPad Keyboard available; it’s almost as thin as a Smart Cover
- Adjustable kickstand – Allows one to adjust their iPad for the best viewing experience possible Magnetic bonding to the iPad – The keyboard is magnetically held to your iPad
- Automatic screen switch on/off Function – The iPad will turn on or off when the keyboard is removed or placed in the cover position
- Long battery life – Enjoy with your iPad for months thanks to a long battery life via a Bluetooth connection
- Aluminum back casing – Stylish aluminum back casing to match your iPad
- Full QWERTY keyboard – Type easily with a full keyboard and work quickly with iOS shortcuts
This product is the first to be released from the new ARCHOS Design accessory line. For more information about ARCHOS Design or ARCHOS products visit http://www.ARCHOS.com.
ARCHOS, a pioneer in the portable audio and video player market, and now specializing in Android Tablets, has repeatedly revolutionized the market for consumer electronics since 1988. Today, ARCHOS offers Android Tablets, Tablet PCs and MP3/MP4 players. In 2000, ARCHOS launched the Jukebox 6000, the first MP3 player combined with a hard disk. Then in 2003 ARCHOS introduced the first portable multimedia players with TV recording. In 2006 Wi-Fi is implemented and then touch screens in 2007. In 2008, ARCHOS launched the first generation Internet Tablets, and then the first ever Android powered tablets in 2009. ARCHOS has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. ARCHOS is quoted on Compartment B of Eurolist, Euronext Paris, ISIN CodeFR0000182479. Website: http://www.archos.com.