Apple let the cat out of the bag today posting a job advertisement for a iPhone Telephony and Network Engineer.
Oh really? I didn’t know that the iPhone was going to have a Telephony component?! Will it be through iChat? Or perhaps our friends at Skype? Or Apple’s new best buddy Google and the GTalk Jabber client? All will soon be revealed. If you are a Telephony Engineer and want to work at Apple, here’s the rest of the post:
Edit: There is the assumption that Telephony in this case refers to IP telephony and not just the broader used generic Telephony which includes most mobile calls. See Wikipedia for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephony
This may just be a huge over-reaction on our part….
- Have you been looking for a challenging new project to work on? Do you want to join the team that develops the iPhone?
We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated engineer to work on the Telephony and Network stack for iPhone.
As a network & telephony development engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of various networking technologies. This work could include new protocol development and enabling application level features for iPhone.
– designing networking subsystems as a part of feature development
– creating network- and filesystem- related features for iPhone
– improving existing APIs
– improving our overall network performance
– improving the interoperability of our implementation
Required Education & Experience:
* MS Computer Science or equivalent
* At least 2-5 years experience in software development.
* Strong knowledge of C/C++, object-oriented programming and design skills.
* Strong networking knowledge (sockets, HTTP, FTP, Unix and Windows, Cellular technology)
* Strong debugging skills
* API and framework design skills
* Track record of innovation and excellence in earlier assignments.
Familiarity with the following is preferred:
* Xcode, Visual Studio, Objective-C, gdb, Mac OS X and Windows
* Unix command-line environment
* Cocoa application programming
Please apply on-line & send your resume to Phyllis@apple.com Be sure to refer to req #2893756 for immediate consideration. Thank you!
In case the job ad goes offline:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.