We’ve been sent this fix by reader, Will, we haven’t tested it. If you are in iLimbo, you may want to try this to get things moving again.
"I called Apple and here are the steps to leave recovery mode:
- Disconnect phone from computer
- Hold down the power button & turn phone off
- Wait around an hour
- Press the home button, & plug in cable to computer ( don’t let go of home button) When itunes comes up & says it finds a phone in discovery mode, then release the button
I tried this and it did what it was meant to, offering me the option to restore; however, I didn’t go the whole way and restore it as I want to keep the v2 software till the problem is sorted. However, it may be that someone has a bricked phone and wants to at least make it useable again."
And a second potential fix – please, please people – we don’t know if these work for sure:
- Do not unplug the phone from the computer or close iTunes.
- Keep clicking on the iPhone tab on the panel on the left of the iTunes screen.
- Wait for the error message to pop up.
- ‘OK’ out of it then click on any other tab in the panel – music, iTunes store, whatever.
- Then click on the iPhone tab again.
- Repeat ad nauseum.
- Sooner rather than later, it *will* complete the process, reload everything and get working again.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.