What gives Apple? BDEmailer (iTunes link) goes up against Apple’s own Mail program on the iPhone in writing emails. While it is only part of an email solution, it is very similar to podcaster which bettered the iPod application in downloading podcasts. Poscaster still relied on the apple application to play the files. BdEmailer relies on Mail.app to send the emails.
That’s a big negatory usually and often is cited for Apps rejections. Is this thing a ‘NetShare type incident’ that slipped through and will be pulled any moment now? If so, get it while the gettin’ is good.
From their website:
Tired of struggling to type on the iPhone’s tiny keyboard? Why isn’t there a landscape option for working with emails? Why can’t you save emails in progress or see your sent history?
With BdEmailer you can:
• NEW and EXCITING — quick responses DIRECTLY from BdEmailer
• NEW — more intuitive layout
• NEW — can select subject or message ONLY
• NEW — you can now add signatures
• Type an email in either Portrait or Landscape mode
• You can work off-line on emails and store them as drafts
• See your Draft History
• You can search saved Drafts and Favorites
• You can store multiple address for group emails
• You can make any saved message a Favorite
• You can change the type size for easier writing
• Automatically saves your sent emails in a searchable history file
• You can reuse the message body or message addresses for repeated use
Apple’s iPhone Email is a basic application that only lets you address, compose, and send emails. BdEmailer has all the functionality of the iPhone’s email application and adds many missing components.
One of the unique features is the ability to send direct responses via SMTP directly form inside of BdEmailer. There are dozens of already created responses by category to choose from.
BdEmailer adds the ability to use multiple email addresses, save any number of working email as a draft or favorite or recall stored replies instead of re-typing a response.
Many of us respond to the same recipients or get asked the same questions requiring us to re-type the same message again and again on the iPhone Email. Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn’t have the ability to store messages for reuse. BdEmailer allows you to search and recall Drafts or Favorites dramatically improving your productivity.
If you are a power email user, BdEmailer is for you.
All this for only $0.99 US.
Note: A WiFi or Cell connection is required to send emails with BdEmailer, but not to create and store emails.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.