Here’s some advice for those Skype iPhone developers: Stop everything else you are doing right now and work on getting Push Notifications working – Nothing else matters until that works. They’ve updated the following (and some of these things are nice) but frankly we’d trade all of this and more for Push Notifications.
What’s new in Version 1.2
– Set up call forwarding from your iPhone – forward Skype calls to a phone number when you’re not signed in.
– Improved performance and better audio quality on Skype-to-Skype calls.
– Even easier to send text messages (SMS) – Send SMS from the Call tab.
– Calls are connected much faster.
– Status of your contacts is updated more often.
– You can now decide whether you want to stay online/offline when the iPhone is locked. We’ve added this into settings.
– Contact groups are now supported, making it easier to see who is online and separate your saved phone numbers.
– You can now edit the name of your saved phone numbers.
– Added support for skype: URL schemes in Safari.
– When creating a new account the country in your Skype profile is taken from the language used on your iPhone.
– Group chat profile pictures are now shown.
– You can now remove your profile picture.
– Added a ‘Help’ link to ‘Forgot your password’.
– Improved support for proxy configurations.
Also Top Up your Skype account with these discounted rates.